(d-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase):
Is the control step in heme synthesis
- B. Is inhibited by lead
Requires pyridoxal (B6) phosphate for activity
- D. Is present in the cytosol
A, B and C
A and C
- B and D
All of the above
- A. The key control enzyme is ALA synthase.
- B. This enzyme is very sensitive to lead.
When it is inhibited its substrate, d-aminolevulinic acid,
- C. ALA synthase requires vitamin B6, not this enzyme.
- D. This is the first of the cytoplasmic enzymes
of heme synthesis.
Go to the next question